Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Life at Camp Victory

Camp Victory is built around Al Faw palace one of Saddam's old digs. There are US Government offices there now. It is beautiful inside all marble and inside toilets. The only inside toilets at Camp Victory I know about. The palace is the landmark and everything is in walking distance and every one walks everywhere. I have some blisters on my foot to prove it.
I found out that I am to go down south to Tallil on the 25th to cover for someone going on leave. I am to stay there afterwards to help Ron install some hardware in Bucca. Tallil is close to the temple of UR where they say Abraham was born. Father Abraham is the Father of Judaism, Christian and Muslims faiths.

I am sorry, I have neglected the blog. I have busy trying to learn a new job. I guess like most jobs its kind of over welming at first. I get my first day off on Friday and I will post more then and take some more pictures.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What do you do on a day off in Baghdad?

Dean said...

I’m glad to hear from you. I was starting to wonder if you went back to O'Fallon.

Kathy said...

Now this place looks alright. Can you get a room here? Nice view on the backside rooms I'm sure. NICE!